Are you our Intern Finance & Accounting?
Imagine spending your internship in a company that breathes creativity. One that goes all out to bring to life the artistic ideas of event & entertainment professionals worldwide. A company that is part of an international group, with headquarters in Belgium, but still feels like a family. Welcome to ShowTex North America!
With ShowTex fully expanding in North America with Offices in Montreal and New York we are offering you an inspiring internship with the focus on finance and accounting for the offices in the US and Canada.
LET US INTRODUCE OURSELVES
You know those drapes that define a theatre? Or the scenic fabrics that create a mood on stage? That's what we do. Event decoration, trade show displays, fabric reveal systems…? Yup, that too. As a worldwide leader in inventing, producing and installing highly innovative, flame-retardant textiles and suspension systems, we gladly spend our days tackling the most creative challenges in set building, stage and stand design.
HOW ABOUT YOU?
An exciting and challenging internship in the heart of Manhattan (New York)? Check! It will surely provide you with valuable experience in finance and accounting. Do you want to work with a dynamic team of professionals in a supportive and collaborative environment? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
As an intern you work on a variety of tasks that will help you develop your skills and knowledge in these areas. Working closely with our experienced professionals, you will be guided and supported throughout your entire internship.
NOW HERE'S YOUR DREAM JOB
RESPONSIBILITIES AND CHALLENGES
- Work closely with other departments to provide financial information and support for decision-making processes.
- Assist and manage the company's cash flow and cash flow forecasting.
- Assist with the preparation and review of financial transactions and entries.
- Assist and manage accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Assist and reconcile bank accounts and credit card statements.
- Assist and manage QuickBooks accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of invoices, purchase orders, and expense reports.
- Provide administrative support to the finance and accounting department.
CURIOUS HOW WE SEE YOU?
Does your heart beats faster when you think about being part of the entertainment industry?
Learning new things is your second nature and you are eager to become our top intern!
No doubt your communication skills ensure you can speak and write English fluently. French is a plus.
- Knowledge of accounting, finance or a related field.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Always maintains an optimistic and hands-on mentality, even in stressful situations.
- Capable of accurate administrative work.
- Eager to learn.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Available for a minimum of 3 months.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
ShowTex is not just an ordinary company. We never say "impossible" and will always team up to find the best solution to just do it. This mindset has kept us at the top of a very competitive industry for 40 years.
And what about you? You can help to shape this unique story by becoming part of a motivated and growing team, at the heart of the action.
But there's more! How about flexibility & a healthy work/life balance, having plenty of room for personal growth, training opportunities and travelling.
The cherry on the pie? Without a doubt the creative industry we’re in and the amazing group of people you’ll soon call your colleagues.
CONVINCED YOU’RE THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THE INTERNSHIP? LET’S TALK!
Send your application with CV and cover letter to thomas.vanlokeren [at] showtex.com. We can’t wait to hear from you!
« Back to jobs