Are you the Seamstress we are looking for?
Imagine spending your working days in a company that breathes creativity. One that goes all out to bring to life the artistic ideas of event & entertainment professionals worldwide. An international group in full expansion, with 18 offices around the world, that still feels like a family. Welcome to ShowTex North America!
LET US INTRODUCE OURSELVES
Do you know those drapes that define a theatre? Or the scenic fabrics that create a mood on stage? That's what we do. Event decoration, trade show displays, fabric reveal systems…? Yup, that too.
As a worldwide leader in inventing, producing and installing highly innovative, flame-retardant textiles and suspension systems, we gladly spend our days tackling the most creative challenges in set building, stage and stand design.
HOW ABOUT YOU?
You can sew anything, even with your eyes closed (well maybe)? Then you are exactly the person we are looking for.
Experienced and passionate, we have your next challenge all lined up for you.
You are in for the challenge?
NOW HERE'S YOUR DREAM JOB
SEWING & CONFECTION
- Accurately measuring, cutting, sewing, stitching and finishing of fabrics.
- Qualified to create and revise patterns for cutting and sewing.
- Control and follow up the sampling, cutting, sewing, finishing and quality control.
- Operate the various machines that include Single needle, serge, overlock, blind hem and various industrial sewing machines.
- Performing the work according to the ShowTex quality standards.
- Strictly following the instructions on the drawing.
- Qualitative execution of the work at a good pace.
- Handling of heavy-weight fabrics.
- Packing of finished items and prepare for shipping.
Our great team at HQ in Belgium and our North American team will support you with all your questions. We are in this together!
CURIOUS HOW WE SEE YOU?
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Sewing experience (industrial) is required.
- Must have high attention to detail and craftsmanship, with clean stitching, consistent margins and SPI (Stitch Per Inch) on all constructions.
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Eager to learn and increase skills and quality of work.
- Works well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Professionalism in attitude, appearance, and approach.
- Must have a positive attitude and work well with others.
- Discretion and Judgment
- Anticipates Needs
Do you also have professional experience or a strong personal interest in the Creative / entertainment sector? Then you’re the one that we want!
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
As the seamstress in our Anjou/Montréal warehouse, you’ll become part of a dynamic and international workplace, representing innovative and high-quality products and services. The competitive compensation and comprehensive training will surely underpin this.
The cherry on the pie? The amazing group of colleagues you’ll meet from all around the world.
CONVINCED YOU’RE THE RIGHT GUY/GAL FOR THE JOB? LET’S TALK!
Send your application with CV and cover letter to jobs.ca [at] showtex.com. We can’t wait to hear from you!
« Back to jobs