Are you our new Event Coordinator?
- Diploma or equivalent experience in live event, theatre, engineering or any related field.
- 1 year of experience in organizing exhibitions, live events, concert-touring, theatrical productions, or any area of the entertainment industry.
- Knowledge about fabrics, textiles, technical design, rigging, set construction, welding, event/stage engineering, mechanical systems, electrical/electronic systems or health & safety is an advantage.
- Motivated individual with a can do attitude. This is a hands-on function requiring problem solving skills.
- Comfortable to travel; job function requires weekend and night work on occasion.
- Strong communication skills in Mandarin is essential, both written and spoken. English is an asset.
- Strong skills and familiarity with Microsoft Windows, Mac OS and MS Office Systems.
- Ability to use drafting software such as SketchUp and/or AutoCAD is an asset.
- As required by the ATM, perform all daily duties in a safe and consistent manner.
- Assist in the organization and upkeep of the Sales & Technical department’s collaborative records, installation reports, project status reports, and all other required documentation.
- Work closely with the ATM in preparation of all relevant necessary documentation for technical projects including items such as installation sheets, packing lists and shipping/logistic information.
- Prepare and follow up on work schedules for upcoming technical installations.
- As directed by the TM and ATM, arrange crewing, plant, access materials and logistics for all technical installations.
- Communicate with technical, sales and the client (end user) to understand installation site conditions, project requirements/design and scope of work.
- Work closely with the Senior Technician in all project planning, material preparation, parts procurement, onsite installation/strike and inventory control for all required technical projects.
- Maintain a safe working environment by conforming to all ShowTex established safety policies and procedures.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of all ShowTex equipment specific to the installation in order to operate, install and dismantle equipment safely.
- Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, installations, training, maintenance and dismantles.
- Participate in organizing, prepping, packing and shipping of all ShowTex systems.
- Perform other tasks and projects assigned.
ShowTex offers a dynamic and international job environment – representing an innovative and high-quality line of products and services – and a competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.
To submit your application please send your cv and cover letter to juli.wang [at] showtex.com
« Back to jobs