Assistant Technical Manager (HK)
Assistant Technical Manager (HK)
ShowTex is the international market leader in developing, manufacturing and installing the most innovative, flame-retardant stage fabrics and suspension systems. We do our utmost to realize the creative vision of the event and entertainment professionals. ShowTex is looking for an Assistant Technical Manager to reinforce the team in Hong Kong.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the Assistant Technical Manager is responsible for supporting and assisting the Technical Manager in the oversight of all global and day to day operations. The primary functions will include the mitigation of the Technical Managers’ specific frontline management duties while supervising the technical department’s operations and coordinate departmental activities in the absence of the Techical Manager. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the scheduling and supervision of all work calls, while leading the technical team in the installation, maintainenance and dismantlng of all ShowTex equipment in a safe and consistent manner. While under the guidance of the Technical Manager, the Assistant Technical Manager will be required to supervise and participate in the ongoing development of the installation/dismantle protocols, risk assessments and safe working practices.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with Technical Manager and Technical Coordinator in project planning, material preparation, parts procurement, work schedules, onsite installation/strike, inventory control, and equipment maintenance for all required technical projects.
- Communicate with technical, sales and the client (end user) to understand the site conditions, project requirements/design and scope of work.
- Along with the Technical Manager, be responsible for advising ShowTex technicians, external technicians and clients on the safe use of ShowTex systems.
- As directed by the Technical Manager, oversee the safe and consistent operation of the ShowTex systems during builds, installations and dismantles.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of all ShowTex equipment specific to the production in order to operate, install and dismantle equipment safely.
- Develop regular & long term installation and dismantle procedures and protocols for all ShowTex systems.
- Supervise the organization and upkeep of the Sales & Technical department’s collaborative records, installation reports, project status reports, and all other required documentation.
- Assist the Technical Manager in planning equipment and system modifications to accomodate Client change requests.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders to provide technical support and deal with wide range of technical matters. Recommend technical solutions where needed and engage in troubleshooting, if required.
- Adhere to and promote all Hong Kong (or country of installation) safety regulations as they pertain to the safe operation of all elements related to onsite activities; participate in all required health and safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training; Work with the teams in developing safety strategies.
- Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, installations, training, maintenance and dismantles.
- Inspect and maintain all electronic, hydraulic, and motorized ShowTex equipment; update maintenance and inspection records as directed; work with the Technical Managers to develop systems and procedures.
- Perform other tasks and projects assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience in theatre, engineering, or any related field.
- Frontline management training is an asset.
- 3-5 years of experience in exhibition, set building, event, concert-touring or theatre industry, including the management of a team of technicians in medium to large-scale events.
- Knowledge of construction tools and site access equipment.
- Knowledge about technical design, rigging, set construction, welding, event/stage engineering, mechanical systems, electrical/electronic systems or health & safety is an advantage.
- Motivated individual with a can do attitude. This is a hands-on function requiring problem solving skills.
- Comfortable to travel; job function requires weekend and night work on occasion.
- Strong communication skills in English is essential, both written and spoken. Mandarin or Cantonese is an asset.
- Ability to use drafting software such as SketchUp and/or AutoCAD is an asset.
Are you the Assistant Technical Manager we are looking for? Do you want to make part of a true A-team in an internationally growing exciting company?
Don’t hesitate to send us your motivation letter and CV to info.hk [at] showtex.com.